Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #36 “Songs that Inspire”

This is crossposted from the LJ journal ya'll are used to seeing me at. I've decided my blogger is going to be mostly a place for my writing, and things that inspire it (current event, music, art, etc...) so I will likely use both for my TT's depending on the subject.

This week I wanted to talk about songs that charge my writing, and sometimes even inspire it. Too bad that utube has so many of the best videos that have had embedded removed, I assume at the record companies request. Oh well.

1) “Youth of the Nation” by P.O.D.



2) “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence

(inspired my novel Cryptic Voodoo (which may be getting a name change, the novel not the band), one scene in particular was based on part of this video)



3) “Stranger” by Billy Joel



4) “Dark Lady” Cher (inspired my villain in Ancestral Magic, Morrissa Donaldson, especially the very beginning of this song.)



5) “Angie Baby” Helen Reddy



6) “(I Just) Died in Your Arms” Cutting Crew



7) “True Faith” New Order (makes me think of Eve from Cryptic Voodoo, the feeling of being outcast from her peers, but being free)



The next two are so hot, the never fail to fuel me up for my more erotic scenes. I warn you, you put these on full screen and I’ll not be responsible for the result (wink)

8) Beautiful Liar with Beyonce and Shakira

9) Shakira 'Hips Don't Lie (f. Wyclef Jean)'

10) Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen (performed by Seal) (I was thinking about this song in part while I wrote the first scene in Natural Order, but this song has touched me for so long far before that)



11) Dear Mr President - Pink- Live



12) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton John



Though the version with George Michael is my fav, even though I can’t find an embedded version of that one

13) Queen Latifah- U.N.I.T.Y.

(this one is one of my very favs, and great for when I need to charge my Amazon battery and do some literary ass kickin’. Is there any guess now why I have such a crush on this woman?)

Come add your link and them don’t forget to comment.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Great list, I love all those songs.

Happy TT!

Carol said...

Definitely some good ones on this list! Great 13!