Saturday, July 26, 2008

GCLS Con in 4 more days…

Laundry, packing, and so on, my weekend is full of excited preparation for GCLS Lit Con. Here’s an idea of what I have planned…

I leave out Tuesday afternoon because AirTran likes to change stuff on me (again) to force me to head out almost 24 hours early so I don’t miss social stuff Wednesday night. Luckily Patty and her honey are coming to get me and giving me a place to crash Tuesday so I don’t have to sleep in the airport. I won’t be there Tuesday until after 9:30 in the evening, so no early sightseeing for me that evening.

Wednesday check in isn’t until 5pm (though I can at least check into my room earlier than that) so I should be able to get in some sight seeing then. I’ve never been to Phoenix. Or any place that had what people could consider a “dry heat” so I’m looking forward to the experience. The meet and great should be a great time, so many people I have only known online I can finally meet in person.

Thursday we got the murder mystery going on, and I am soooo getting in on that. It should be fun (note to send, be in the vendors area at 2:50 pm on Thursday). My time co-mentoring is from 9 - 10 am so should give me plenty of time to get lunch and relax a bit before we meet up.
The change in mentoring time also means I’ll miss Page-Turning Plots: Outlining & Organizing Your Novel (Presentation & Workshop) Part I with Jennifer L. Jordan, but maybe I can get someone to take my mini recorder with them or take very good notes so I wont be too far behind when I go to Part II at 10:45 am.

It’ll all still leave me time to also go see It's Not All About You: Creating Story People with Depth (Workshop) Part I with Karin Kallmaker& Lori L. Lake at 1:30 pm since that ends at 2:30. I hope O can make it to Part II of that at 3:15 pm, but with the presentation for the murder mystery event that could be hard to manage. Whew I’m gonna be running that day.

Friday will be an early day for me convention time, even though I am regularly up at 6am when I’m not on a (working) vacation. Stop Wasting Those Gigabytes: Make the Most of Your Author Website (Presentation) with KG MacGregor is at 8:30 am, and that sound like a useful panel to check out. I have to be at Tough Girls, Bitchfights, and Girls Gone Bad (Panel/Reading) right after that, so I’ll miss part I of Katherine V. Forrest’s Writing Fiction for Publication/The Successful Manuscript: The Editor's View presentation. Talk about some rough competition to be up against. I hope some of you that may be going to GCLS will make it to the reading.

I might make it to part II of Katherine V. Forrest’s presentation after that, but the world building one looks so good to since I right exclusively paranormal within my own version on the modern world. There’s a part III and IV to this presentation as well, maybe if I am lucky all four parts will be on the GCLS DvD (which I will be ordering a copy of.

See how many cool panels there are here. More of ya’ll will have to come check the con out next year, huh? My other panel is Caliente! Spicy Hot Erotica & Romance (Panel Reading) Saturday at 1:30 pm. Gonna be some fun stuff in here, I bet ya. Ya’ll should come check it out! The winner of the murder mystery will be announced on Saturday, bit as busy as I’m going to be not sure how much of that I’ll have time to participate in. I’m really looking forward to the dance. I love music and dancing, though not sure how much energy I’ll have left for a long night. Depends how late, early I am up writing that weekend along with everything else.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to this trip, and I will do my best to keep ya’ll in touch with what’s going on at the blog. Copies of the anth Chilling Tales of Terror and the Supernatural will be there I found out, so I hope the reading I do and such help will the sale of that as well as drum up interest when Ancestral Magic comes out this fall. If nothing else, I’m sure it’ll be a great time all around.

No comments: