Monday, July 14, 2008

Green Monday: Cycling pt 1, Fitting a Bike

I’ve really been thinking about the idea of getting a bicycle and using it (to start with) for shorter errands and trips. I’ll admit the raising gas prices is one reason, the environmental impact another, but a big reason is also that weighing in now at 157 (a 30 lb loss since Feb) it’s time to step up the fitness part of my day so I can have that nummy Culvers custard guilt free. :)

Okay, I admit, health is a good part of my reason too, even though living in Wisconsin the months it’s warm enough to get on a cycle is limited. So, with all of that in mind, I’ve been doing some research on buying, riding, and maintaining a cycle. There’s so much info, I think I will talk about bikes in several steps over a few posts. This first one will be about bike fitting.

Read the rest at Cycling pt 1, Fitting a Bike

No comments: